UCP of Central Florida-Paraprofessional - Assistive Technology
- Job Location: Administration - Orlando, FL
- Salary Range: $13.00 - $15.00 Hourly
- Job Category: Education
- Highly organized. Good follow through and ability to multi-task/prioritize.
- Demonstrate high professional and personal standards of integrity
- Excellent computer skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the operation and limitations of computer systems and related equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of assistive technology.
- Experience supporting adult learners
- Demonstrate expertise in understanding and implementing agency clinical therapy service policies and procedures and service delivery model
- Demonstrate ability to create a positive environment that values, respects, and leverages all employees
- Demonstrate ability to create a positive environment that values and respects, all therapy providers /vendors
- Demonstrate knowledge of school and clinical organization and administration
- Works independently or with minimum supervision.
- Works collaboratively with staff, parents, and students.
- Communicates ideas clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to transport self between and among UCP Campuses
- Knowledge of HIPAA and confidentiality practices/policies
- Prefer experience working with children and families with disabilities.
- Assists in setting up Assistive Technology devices and services to allow students with disabilities to access and benefit from their program of education.
- Assists student(s) and staff in learning the technologies (i.e., computers/printers/iPads/AT devices).
- Assists in the creation and design of needed assistive technology materials.
- Assists AT caseload (students and staff) by troubleshooting problems with computer hardware, operating systems, application software, seating and mobility equipment, adapting wheelchairs, and assistive technology hardware.
- Assist in maintaining a log of all hardware, software and assistive technology devices and equipment
- Operate and care for AT equipment inventory used in conjunction with the AT program.
- Assist with the collection and distribution of AT equipment and training materials.
- Establish an appropriate supportive relationship with the teacher(s) and student(s) on the AT caseload by maintaining effective communication with the teaching staff documenting information/data regarding student progress and performance with AT in place.
- Assists in purchasing, repairing and replacing AT devices.
- Assists with coordinating the delivery of AT services with classroom teachers, special education staff and other providers to ensure continuity and consistency in providing comprehensive special education services to students.
- Consults and collaborates with medical and other community providers, as appropriate (i.e., UCF FAAST Center, FDLRS, UCF CARD etc.).
- Assists Therapy Clinical Coordinators and Lead Diagnosticians with coordinating equipment and devices needed from the UCP Warehouse
- Serves on committees, task forces, work groups, etc., as requested.
- Keeps abreast of changing developments, trends, instructional and educational technologies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Education and Training:
Completed two years of study at an institution of higher education (at least 60 semester hours); or
Obtained an associate’s (or higher) degree
1-year experience preferred with Assistive Technology
To apply visit UCP of Central Florida job posting to learn more.